home twitter instagram portfolio
2014
12.31.2014 at 10:31 AM

0 comments (+)

 It was a truly trying year of trying to find my place outside of school, in my home and in this universe.

Never has an turn of age meant so much or brought so much changes. 

In the year of 2014, I struggled and resisted, gave in and conceded only to fall deeper into resentment.
I fought/lied/lugged/served, was bullied/fired/cheated/disappointed/despised/hid, felt absolutely lonely and lost.
Getting let go at a job you tried hard to understand and do well in was a major setback.
I'm not the kind of person people fire, I told myself.
I struggled with my self esteem, played down my self worth and blamed myself for every setback,
living a deep dark month of weeping, worrying and sleepless nights.
There were strange eureka moments in that month that now, on hindsight, were really desperate. 

But like everything else, 2014 had it's moments.
I graduated, travelled, hiked, biked, picnic-ed, received surprises, threw surprises,
did a real styling gig, exhibited and also started Of Trying Times.
Above all, I was loved despite everything. 

The best moments in 2014 seems to be the ones that came full circle,
like the styling gig that I did as a stylist with the same team that I assisted 3 years back.
Finally having 30 Minutes Breather exhibited and being a proper vendor at a market with
people that I met 2 years back when I was just an intern.
It is realisations like these that acts as an affirmation for me to keep going despite the difficult moments,
knowing that some day these experiences will come full circle too. 

In the coming year, I'll be 21 year-old adult with a seemingly doomed relationship,
no plans of getting a job or applying for university - basically a failure by society standards.
I can't say I'm ready for the 'advices' and questions that will be thrown my way but I think I'll be okay.

Love,
pixie

Labels:

All rights reserved pixieinspace
HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶


About

Pixie. 20.
Makes clothes.
Does Photography.
Contact: pixieinspace@gmail.com
Instagram
@pixieinspace
Ad