home twitter instagram portfolio
Of trying times.
11.11.2014 at 9:58 AM

0 comments (+)

Things truly have a strange way of coming together.
A little more than 2 months back, I was feeling quite upset about not finding the right job.
In fact, I was just really depressed and anxious about how things have been really stale and bad.

So after spending the first month moping around,
I started working harder to find that job.
Opportunities started presenting itself and at one point,
I was to choose between a studio that I have always admired and a studio I wasn't familiar with that could be good for me.
While not having any choices could be depressing, having 2 'just-as-good' choices can be equally nerve wrecking.

Once again, things fell into place and I found myself waiting for work to start.
While I waiting, I meddled with materials I had interest in.
It started with making necklaces for myself and then I began mixing things together.
Before long, I was working on pieces that I doodled on a notebook.
None of these were even meant to be something.

But I guess they did mean something.
A chance, maybe?

A month back, I heard Lush 99.5 talking about The Local People's Market.
Half an hour later, I bought a space for that market.
So then I HAVE to make something. 

I had a name in my head for a while already, one that aptly describes the past year of being 20.

Of trying times. 

And so, using this chance to once again tell a story,
the pieces from the label is my way of sharing my experience and anxiety as a 20 (and soon to be 20 something)

I am currently working on new pieces and everything should be up on the site very soon.

Till then, stay sane.


Labels: , , ,

About

Pixie. 20.
Makes clothes.
Does Photography.
Contact: pixieinspace@gmail.com
Instagram
@pixieinspace
Ad