home twitter instagram portfolio
Insecurities.
2.22.2011 at 6:15 AM

1 comments (+)
Everyone has them, but we handle them differently. Some prefer to not talk about them, some would make jokes about it so as to hide it while others just pretend its not there. Nevertheless, we still have to agree that everyone is plagued with it. Be it about their height, their sparse fringe, their inability to jump as high as they wish to or even the thought of never ever having been in a relationship -- we all worry about it.

Insecurities could be banished, but it's not easy. What makes it harder is comments by unreasonable and rude people that targets directly at such insecurities, making you cringe and just want to hide under your seat making you think and analyse how bad it actually is. Our minds starts wandering, digging up the worse case scenarios and making you feel worse than you already did.

Insecurities, who lives without them?

Ive been plagued with them to and you guys know about it to. E.g Being uncomfortable about what I wear, Having the same bag/headphones as other people and etc. However, after random conversations with classmates and friends, Ive realised how insignificant those actually are. All these issues are branches of trying too hard. Dont everyone end up falling into this category? Trying to be cool, trying to blend in, trying to get that guy/girl's attention. We all end up unhappy. Ive decided. Im just gonna be me. I'll hang out with people Im comfortable with, I'll talk about issues I want to, I'll wear clothes I want to and last of all, I dont care if you have the same bag as me.

Being comfortable in my own skin. Hey, I think that's the coolest thing ever. Insecurities, they will be banished with this new positive mindset.

And nothing says it more than this song.

Don't look at me

Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, i saw debris
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the pain, I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today

To all your friends, you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness
The piece is gone left the puzzle undone
That's the way it is

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down
Don't you bring me down today...

No matter what we do
(no matter what we do)
No matter what they say
(no matter what they say)
When the sun is shining through
Then the clouds won't stay


And everywhere we go
(everywhere we go)
The sun won't always shine
(sun won't always shine)
But tomorrow will find a way
All the other times

'cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down, oh no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down
Don't you bring me down today

Don't you bring me down today
Don't you bring me down today

love, px
About

Pixie. 20.
Makes clothes.
Does Photography.
Contact: pixieinspace@gmail.com
Instagram
@pixieinspace
Ad