home twitter instagram portfolio
Copycats.
1.19.2011 at 8:08 PM

0 comments (+)
I went to town alone on monday to get some materials for a notebook im making and decided to do some shopping as well. After popping in to some shops, i started to get really irritated. Why? Because I started to realise that everything was the same everywhere. The new collection at New Look was basically the A/W collection from Topshop at 2/3 the price. Steve Madden carried the same pair of shoe I was marvelling at from Marc by Marc Jacob. Which brings me to the question, why are they called designers then? Didnt they decide to be designers because they wanted to bring new designs to people or even break the boundaries? Isn't they what designers do? So why the copycats? Honestly speaking, it makes me rethink my decision to pursue design. I don't want to become another copycat but would that the accidental route I fall into? To recreate or to blatantly copy designs we see on the runway, take away the brainchild of something that much thought was put into? Maybe sometimes to make money, you really have to forgo all principles. Unfortunately, that isn't something I want to see myself doing.

This must be too confusing for you all, trying to figure out if I was trying to state my anger for all the duplicates I see at the high street fashion stores or was I trying to figure out the route I should take in life. These two are intertwined and far to difficult to separate. I promise a more coherent post soon to explain the lack of outfit post.

love, px
About

Pixie. 20.
Makes clothes.
Does Photography.
Contact: pixieinspace@gmail.com
Instagram
@pixieinspace
Ad